Just like our heart, or our other organs, the brain is sensitive to what we put into our bodies. In order for it to remain healthy and happy it needs a good balanced diet. This means lots of fresh fruit and vegetables. The suggested amount of these is 5 a day.
One way of getting these 5 a day of fruit and vegetables is through smoothies. Healthy eating has been proven to raise our moods and make us feel better about ourselves. I have found a few smoothies that i really like from one company, the company is called "Savse Smoothies."
This company cold press and use high pressure in order to create their smoothies. Some of the mix of flavours at first look seem rather bizarre but they taste absolutely amazing.
The flavours i tried were:
- Super Green [Pear, Broccoli Kiwi, Lemon, Banana, Kale, Spinach and Apple]
- Super Blue [Blueberry, Kale, Beetroot, Spinach, Blackcurrant, Apple, Strawberry and Orange] (my favourite!)
- Super Red [Strawberry, Orange, Kale, Spinach, Broccoli and Celery]
- Super Orange [Mango, Celery, Apple, Lemon, Orange, Passion Fruit and Carrot]
- Super Purple [Beetroot, Apple, Lemon, Lime, Mango, Avocado and Coconut]
The first 4 smoothies were honestly the best smoothies I have ever tried. The last one however, wasn't one of my favourites, however still pleasant, as I am not a massive fan of beetroot, others will disagree obviously! I am a massive fan of these smoothies and I will definitely be buying more in the future!
You can find their online shop here: http://www.savse.co.uk/