Since exams are not far away, I thought that I would do a post on revising with a mental illness, as I know how challenging it can be to revise when you're feeling upset ect. I hope this helps some of you, even if you don't have a mental illness.
• Revise in places that aren't in your house- For example, in a coffee shop. This can help you stay motivated as you can't take a nap in a coffee shop. Also being in public and being surrounded by others will allow you to feel less isolated. People can be motivating. If it is in a coffee shop there is also the cake and coffee part of it- massive positive!
• Revise in short periods- take breaks. There is nothing worse than wearing yourself out through revision because when you come to revise another day you'll feel less motivated. Work out when your concentration is at its highest and revise then. Not sure why but I am usually more focused at around 12pm-3pm and 12am-3am but more in the ams.
• Take things slowly- make a list of things that you need to do, be specific, split big tasks up if they seem big. I know I get overwhelmed easily with big tasks so I like to split them into bits. Estimate how long each task will take and write when you're going to do it. Slowly work through the list.
• Nothing has to be perfect- revision is only making notes, it doesn't have to be perfect- no one else is going to see them. However, if colour and prettiness helps you to learn then let your creativity run wild.
• Don't beat yourself up- if nothing is going in then there is probably no point in carrying on and trying to force it in there, it could possibly make your mental health worse. There might be days when you can barely get yourself out of bed, just know that you have the ability do succeed.
• Drink water- stay hydrated. Water will help you to be more focused as you revise and It is also said that water consumption may alleviate anxiety, which is known to have a negative effect on exam performance and revision.
Good luck, stay focused if possible, keep revising- I hope you all do great!